Monday, January 5, 2009

Going Home

Temple Square is a must in Utah at Christmas. It was the most enjoyable time I have ever had there. I think my kids finally got it; Christmas and what it is really about. They enjoyed seeing the Christa's and the manger scene. We also went to "The Pie." However I can no longer say it is the best pizza. Oregano's has now taken the number one spot. It's out here and there is one in Phoenix.One other reason for anyone to come and visit us.
Ice Skating was a lot of fun. Well, not for Dallin. However he did give it a good try, just not happy with falling a lot. Once He got a cone he was fine for a while and then got cold feet. Eliza, I couldn't drag her off the ice. She would have stayed there all day. Rach, Matt and myself also had lots of fun however Rachel was so embarrassed when I started having more fun sliding than skating. Rachel your so grown up!!











Never to young to get all "Glamed Up." Rachel did her magic on these two cuties.Sunday morning Eliza's friend Emmie came over for a make over. Aunt Sarah and Grandma took care of Eliza's Jewelry and nails. Aunt Rach did the hair and I did Emmie's fingernails.The girls started asking after about 15 min. to take the rollers out because they where starting to hurt.We explained that beauty is painful and they may as well learn this lesson young. We let them take them out about 10 min. later. We didn't want there hair to go flat before church.







"Look at the Beauty Queens"

Going home is always so fun but in order for us to see everyone we would have to spend weeks there.On Monday we went no where and the kids just played with there friends well int the night causing some sickness the next day. We meet up with all the Grandparents, some Aunts and Uncles. We also missed a lot of them to.So I'm sorry, I try it's just me and the kids and a whole lot of people to see.I didn't get to see any of my friends which was a bummer my next trip I hope Steve comes so I can slip away and see some of you that I miss.

6 comments:

brittany said...

i'm so bummed i didn't get to see you guys. we were mostly holed up in our apartment over the holidays. i'm glad you guys had a fun trip though! maybe someday, brandon, ella, and i can come and visit ya! (still thinking how pathetic it is that i didn't see you when you were just across the street from my parents house).

Unknown said...

i loved the pictures, and i already miss ya'll! but hopefully we come out for lion king :) and i still think em and eliza are the cutest little girls ever! i love the pictures with the curlers!

The Trumpsters said...

It looks like you had a great trip with your family- I can relate to how crazy busy it gets with just family, then to try to add friends in too is impossible. Glad you had a good time. Seeing your pictures made me bummed we didn't make it up to temple square this year.

Brent and Ashley said...

I'm sad we didn't hang out more while you guys were here! The week ended up being more crazy than anticipated...Looks like your trip was fun though. I love temple square.
I guess you guys left just in time to miss the cold water/no heat fiasco at your parents house. They all came over to the Mangum's and showered last Sunday. Hopefully they got that all fixed because it's just too darn cold outside. Hope you guys are doing well. We love reading your blog!!! xoxo

brittany said...

Em, I haven't decided on the hair. I keep changing my mind! I loved what you said about the whole husband thing, and yes, i did blush!

Brent and Ashley said...

No tutu action, but I like the suggestion.

Brent.