Monday, April 6, 2009

Up coming garage sell

The other night we made Chicken Tortilla soup for dinner. Our new rule is you have to eat dinner or you go to bed hungry. Both kids through a fit about the meal.Eliza stormed away from the table but came right back and had 5 big bites. Dallin through a huge fuss. Even after an hour and a half later, when I was in the kitchen cleaning up, he came up wanting to know why I ruin his nights. I can take a good day a just wreck it for him. So I explained to him for the last time, "Dallin you may have a cinnamon roll after you eat your dinner.If you don't like the rule leave the kitchen." He threw his fist down at his side and screamed at the top of his lungs. I had to turn around because I was starting to laugh. He stomped around and then yelled, "That's it, when we have a garage sell I am putting my self on the table." At this point I was leaning on the counter shaking trying to keep my laughter in. Tears where already coming down my face.Then he screamed and added,"And I am going to be free." At that point I lost it.He could tell I was laughing he ran out the door and ran away for awhile. He came right back because he got cold.About an hour and a half later he came into the kitchen and said he was ready to take his bites. Which he did and got a cinnamon roll. It was one of his better fits and it was probably his best line yet.

4 comments:

brittany said...

Lol, that is such a great story!

We missed saying goodbye to you guys, I had to go to my lame class. Anyway, Hope all went well on the way home!

Celeste Dodge said...

That is hilarious!! We miss you guys so much!

Brent and Ashley said...

I call first dibs on him! I would love to have my own little Dallin! Haha! That's a great story!!

"M" Clan said...

HILARIOUS! I was just having that conversation with Kaleb over ham & bean soup!