Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

These are my favorite Christmas decorations. Last year Dallin said he didn't want to put the nativity away. So it staid out all year. I think it's always going to stay out from here on. We even added another nativity that my Mom brought us back from the Germany's Christmas markets. I love it.
I love these stockings. The elves will come and turn them if the kids have been fighting, or disobeying to, "I've been very very very naughty." If they have been very helpful or kind to each other the "Elves" will come and flip them to "I've been very very very good." I love these stockings. I have been on the hunt to find one for Spencer. I checked Pottery Barn , where I picked up the other kids. They don't make them any more. Then I tried ebay, but no luck. I will try one more year and hopefully I will find one, if not I will have to come up with something else.
This was my favorite center piece. I made this for Christmas eve dinner. I bought white carnations and cranberries. This is what they make. I loved them.

Dallin and Eliza Christmas morning before we let them come out and see what Santa brought them.
Uncle Erik came to stay with us and look what he got from Santa, a Money Tree. I want one! Of course my kids want one next year too.!

Dallin has finally been saying he wants to snowboard. Steve and I got this for him along with lessons while we were in Utah over winter break. Eliza got ski lessons.

Eliza also got some stuff for her American Girl dolls. She got some clothes and a hair salon chair.
Dallin and Spencer in there matching hats. Dallin loves it when he and Spencer have the same clothes. He told me he has always wanted a little brother who looks just like him. "Pray answered."
Spencer playing with a play doom we got for him.
Since Eliza got a salon chair we spent about 3 hours Christmas day, playing salon. We did our hair and make up. Along with her dolls and horse. It was the best 3 hours. :) The boys went and saw Avitar. Glad I missed that one.

This is Christmas eve right before we started reading the nativity.
This year the kids acted it out, because this year we had a baby Jesus. I was the funniest thing. Eliza put a soccer ball up her shirt so she looked pregnant. They used Leia as the donkey. She took Eliza right into the Christmas tree. They couldn't get Leia (the black lab) to cooperate. It was the funniest thing, we have it all on tape. Well that was our Christmas. It was tons of fun and I'm glad it's over.

No comments: