Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spencer's in a BIG BOY bed, kids trip with Grandparents

 So my kids left for their grandparents on July 18th. they were gone until the 16th. The first 24 hours was an adjustment after that was smooth sailing. I spent 3 days cleaning. I cleaned out every room even the garage. The next 7 days I had all to myself, and Spencer. We went out a lot, Steve would get home from work and instead of being wiped out we would run errands. We went shopping one night. We went out with friends, went to a concert. I tell you we were living large. The morning they left, Steve pulled out Eliza's other tooth. Now she has a big gap in the front. Dallin got his spacers put on the day before they left. Phase one of braces, I guess there is 3, keep working Steve.

 To bad the kids missed this, one night at dinner we walked out to eat a saw this rainbow. It ends right in front of us, we put dinner away and went looking for the pot of gold. Never found.
 We switched Spencer into his big boy bed, since he started climbing out not to long ago. Here he is at bedtime.
 Big surprise he wasn't in his bed when we went in to check on him.
 There he is, Dallin's bed. He climbed into Dallin's bed every night he was gone.
We went to the Chris Izaak concert and had the most fun. My girlfriend Gretchen and I danced the night away.



The kids came home on Sat. afternoon, I was so happy to have them back. I realized how much I missed them :).  Eliza has promised to never leave me again. The week after they got home we spent every day at the pool, and just hanging out. On the 22nd i got knee surgery. They took out the rest of my meniscus. I guess I shredded it and split it in two. On my way to recovery. My kids have taken excellent care of me. 

1 comment:

brittany said...

You guys have so much fun! I need to do stuff like that!