Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving weekend

This Thanksgiving weekend was Long and Fun. We spent the whole weekend together, minus Dad. Steve had to work all weekend except for Thanksgiving so I will be thankful about that. We went over to our friends the Graham's. Gretchen made the turkey, and the best stuffing ever. It's on the Rachel Ray web site. It's called apple sausage stuffing, minus the sausage. Seriously, so good. The rest of the weekend we spent decorating and setting up the new furniture. In the front room. We wanted to go to the movies, but I dare you to go with Spencer, and all the babysitters were out of town. We did have some fun movie nights at home. Saturday night it started to snow, on Sunday we woke up to a couple of inches on the ground. Spencer hates the snow. He won't even step in it. Even though it wasn't the ideal Thanksgiving weekend. I still had lots of fun with my kids and Steve when he was home. I have a lot to be thankful for for and fell very blessed. I am excited for Christmas and all the fun it brings. This is my favorite piece of art I own, especially during the Christmas season. Just some of my Christmas decorations, this is the village. The kids set it up this year in there room.
Stockings!!!, I need to find Spencer a stocking to match the kids. They say, "I have been very very very good," on one side and on the other they say, "I have been very very very naughty." The elf's will flip then through out the month of December so the kids know were they stand with Santa.

The happy meal toy Christmas tree. I turn some of there favorite happy meal toys into ornaments for them. They love to decorate this tree every year.

I took these pictures of Spencer this morning. I can't believe what a little man he is turning into. He has an anger problem we decided. If he knows you are trying to take something away form he he will try and run from you. if you catch him he will throw whatever it is you are trying to take away. Them he will throw himself onto the ground and fake cry. (I know it's fake because he can turn it right off, if he gets his way.) But look at that face, he sure is cute.

All dressed up and no were to go.

Lucy wants to go play in the snow. We watched the BYU vs. UT game this weekend which didn't help with lightening the mood around here. Such a depressing game.




Eliza went to a cupcake class and made these cute cupcakes. They are thanksgiving dinner.
If you start left center I will tell you what they are, apple pie, corn on the cob, turkey leg, mash potatoes 2x's, peas and carrots. Way to cute. She was so proud when she got home with them.
This is the new furniture I got this weekend. It's the first real piece of furniture, except for the couch and kitchen table, we have ever bought. Don't worry ladies, I told Steve those speakers couldn't stay there. I haven't decided how to decorate them yet, still trying to figure out what to do there. But I love it and am happy that I finally got these.


No comments: