Monday, September 29, 2008

Out Of Africa






We took the kids to Out of Africa, in Camp Verde about 40 min. form our house. It was lots of fun. Very hot but fun. It is set up like an African safari. The climate is the same as in Africa just oppisite seasons. Even the vegitation is the same. We got to ride on the bus and hand feed giraffes. The kids got to feed the tigers. Once during the safari this animal with long horns came on the bus after the food. It scared the driver a bit because I guess they are very dangerous. We went to a show called tiger splash which was the highlight of the day. I didn't know tigers could jump that high. They feed the animals every other day so at 3:00 we got to watch the workers throw 40lbs of meat over the fence to these animals. Just before feeding time is very cool. All the animals can smell the meat and know its time. So they are all pacing the front of the fence growling and snariling at each other. The hyenias are doing some mooing thing and then while they eat laugh. It was great fun, and a very long hot day.









I want one of these!






And yes you are that close to the animals. It is only the chain link fence that seperates you. And Dallin dressed himself for this excursion. He thought it would be a good idea to dress all in camo that way no animals would eat him.He had this trip well thought out.

3 comments:

Brent and Ashley said...

Wow! Looks like fun! I can't believe your kids are brave enough to touch that snake. EWW! It sends shivers down my spine!!

brittany said...

This sounded so cool, I'm so glad you posted pictures! I hope someday I have energy to do all these things with my kids, because right now I feel like a walking zombie!

Persnickety Prints said...

Hi! We came home to check out your Africa pics! Ethan & Noah can't believe Dallin pet that BIG snake!!! Fun! Good to see you! Love the Darth Vadar ones too:) I'll check out your links!!! Have fun in AZ while we are freezing!!!