Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. we feel very blessed to have such great family and friends. Thanksgiving was small but fun. Just our little family. However the kids were very involved which made it fun and cute. Dallin and Eliza helped cook. Dallin was so excited to eat turkey and he did which astounded Steve and I. Eliza could not wait to start the party we set the table the night before so when we woke up in the morning she was ready to feast. I explained we still had to make the turkey. So she decided to plan a party. By the time I was paying attention she had carefully chosen a coloring book for everyone and placed it at there spot. She made place cards for everyone. Also piled on the plates where card games, legos, a game for us to play and suckers. She's going to be a party planner when she grows up. Steve did the turkey this year.I think he studied on the internet for about 3 days on how to get the perfect turkey. (kind of a dork) however a very good turkey.
So the game Eliza had us play (I did help with this one) was for everyone to write in cards what they were thankful for.
*Steve's card- Emily (yeah! I was first), Dallin, Eliza, our home, the gospel, all the blessings we receive, the mangy mutts(dogs), water so I can shower, and air to breath.
*Emily's card- Steve(you can check our cards we both put each other first, Dallin, Eliza, Leah, Lucy(the dogs), the gospel and my savior, for my Mom and Dad and brothers and sisters, my extended family, my friends, our home and it's location, my health, the earth, education, and my talents.
*Dallin card- My family, my toys, grandmas and grandpas, friends, the ultimate lego book, my dogs, and church.
*Eliza's card- my family, toys, Heavenly Father and Jesus, for all my books, for school, for Mrs. Bryson, for Leah and Lucy, for make-up, my bike and scooter, that I can say my own prayers, for U-B- Funkies, and my summer dresses.
Obliviously the girls are way more thankful in this family!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i was sad that you didn't come on up- but i hear you are coming around Christmas so that makes me super happy! but your Thanksgiving sounded like it was a hit! (and the table is beautiful!

Melerella said...

Aw man you guys melt my heart. I want a family as cute as yours someday!