Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dallin really cares

So since Eliza has been sick and not able to play Dallin is finally figuring out that he really does like Eliza.When he went to visit her in the hospital a nurse came running into the room to let us know that Dallin could not be in there at that point Eliza was on isolation.Dallin of course started o cry because he thought his sister was going to die.
On Tuesday at lunch Dallin told me he was feeling something he had never felt before. He felt bad(sympathy) for his sister.
Last night when we got home Steve carried her to the couch and Dallin sat right up next to her and put his arm around her. Any little whine she made Dallin would ask,"Eliza what is it?" Then fix it. A little later on when she got hungry Dallin insisted on making it for her. Steve and I were not even allowed to help.
Today I sent the two of them up to the shower. Eliza's feet are still pretty swollen and has a hard time walking so I watched as Dallin tried to carry Eliza up the stairs. Dallin ended up pushing and lifting from behind which made the stair climb that much harder , however Eliza loved the attention and Dallin was awful proud of himself for helping.
Of course over the course of me writing this I have had to break up one argument over who got the bigger bread stick at lunch which neither of the ate and another over who gets to have there story read first which is what I now have to go and do.
One more funny thing. The first thing Eliza told Dallin when she got in the car was, "Dallin the doctor told me that I have to stay in bed until Sunday.That means that I can't play laser tag with you yet. Are you going to be ok?"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I cried when I read what Dallin did for Eliza!It's those little glimpses where you see how much they really do love each other, that make you feel like you must be doing something right with your children!I hope Eliza got to come home tonight.Emme said she knows why Eliza is getting better now...Because she prayed for her!Our prayers are still with you all!