Thursday, February 5, 2009

Eliza is Home

If you look at the picture of Eliza asleep on the couch with Lucy you can see that her face is not swollen.That was taken on Sunday.Monday morning it wasn't quite this bad but rapidly swelling. I took her to the walk in clinic first he took one look and said,"I think it is some sort of cellulitis.You need to take her to the ER." We got there and were admitted in the next few hours.
Once she got up to the Peds unit they outlined the rash on her face to see if it would spread or decrease.It didn't take to long for it to swell even more however the redness would go down when her fever came down.
Have you ever seen a kid turn down a sucker?It was not fun watching them get the IV in however she is one tough kid no big tears.Just a little bit of whining. It was the next morning when they came in at 5am to get blood and lost the vain in the IV. So then 3 different people attempted to find a vain.Finally they called in a nurse from peds ICU she came by with a ultra sound and found one. Needless to say she was not happy and I got the brunt of that.I was not being called Mom anymore we were on a first name basis. I was even thrown out for all of a few seconds, but then called back in, with her wondering if I even loved her anymore??
Finally she is asleep I can honestly say I maybe got all of 6 hours of sleep the 3 days we were there. It seemed like if she did fall asleep another nurse was in to give her something or to run labs or something.The second day in the hospital around 2 o'clock Dallin's school called to let us know that Dallin was running a temp of 103 and had bumps all over his throat. I called his pediatrician they said bring him right over.Steve had to but him in a hold while they gave him a shot in each bum cheek and sent him home with some very strong antibiotics. Thank goodness we caught it in time.
Here she is when we found out we finally got to come home. While still very swollen they had bumped her full on enough antibodies to let her go home an fight it off. I am also happy that this morning the swelling in her legs and hands is way down. She is walking on her own and is now sitting at the table able to hold a crayon.Back to being self sufficient. Which makes mom happy.

2 comments:

brittany said...

Oh I'm so sorry Eliza had to go through that. I hope she feels better soon! Dallin too.

Brent and Ashley said...

Stacie told me about Eliza. I can't believe it! Poor thing. Glad to hear she's on the mend. Hope your kids are feeling better soon!!