Saturday, June 27, 2009

Eliza's first soccer game

My little soccer star. She wanted #7 like I was growing up, but the coaches daughter already had that number on. It pays to be the coach.Dallin missed his first game today due to tonsil recovery. I will let you know how he does next week.
Eliza was put at sweeper. The first quarter no one was staying in position so I told Eliza not to cross the half way line. It worked however she took me so literally if the ball was loose she would stand at the line and look at the ball even if it was a couple of feet from her. We will work on it. At least it brings me some comfort that she is a "rule follower."
Her and her friend Tabitha are working out there plans for when the ball comes.

2 comments:

Ames and Jer-da-me said...

tell eliza that her uncle jer played sweep and that it is the best position because once you are really good at it, you get to tell the other defensive players what to do!

Debbie's Delights said...

Great job Eliza!!! You look good out there. Have lots of fun. And take care of Dallin.