Saturday, June 20, 2009

Knock to my PRIDE

Recently my kids have said a few things to put me in my place.My pride defiantly took a hit. ELIZA-this one happened at the pool.About 2 months ago I went to the dermatologist to see what can be done about getting my freckles lazered.I left with the bad news that I would have to wait till pregnancy was over.Which kind of defeats the purpose because the reason they are so dark right now is because I am pregnant.Oh well, lets just say i am a little self conscious of my freckles. So we are at the pool, the other day and I am putting sunblock on myself and go to put some on Eliza, who of course puts up a fight. I said to her we have to put some on to protect your face. She says back, "yeah, I don't want to have a crazy face like yours when I grow up."
DALLIN- so yesterday the kids and I are in the car. Dallin asked me, "What temperature does it have to be for things to freeze?"I said, "I think around 33-34 degrees.But I'm not to sure lets call Dad." Dallin then said, "Yeah because how many years of college did you go to?" I said, "2 years." "And how many years years did Dad go to?" I answer, " Dad went to 9 years." This is when Dallin informs me, "So our Dad knows a lot of stuff, and you just know a lot about pregnancy and cleaning!!" I just want to say that I am so thankful for me kids who are boosting my self confidence daily.
Let me tell you a few other things they have told me recently. Eliza was learning about penguins at school and pointed out that I have blubber just like the penguins. Dallin asks me quite often if what I am eating has fat in it, because I should not eat fattening things anymore since I am getting a little fat. Eliza is quick to point out it's just because of the baby. There is more but I don't want to put myself out there anymore.Hope you all had a great laugh on my behalf.

3 comments:

The Trumpsters said...

Oh my gosh I'm crying I'm laughing so hard! Thank you so much for sharing!

Halsie said...

Man that is harsh! I'm sure they mean it in the most loving way possible:)

Rachel said...

I think our kids are here to humble us and make sure we have no self-esteem!!I think it's only fair that it is our job to embarrass them through their awkward teenage years!!Hang in there though, you are almost done, and I think you look adorable pregnant!!