Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Break in full swing

Before I get into spring break, today after church, Dallin said, "An eagle just flew by our window." Of course my first thought was he was mistaken. Sure enough I was wrong. We have been outside most of the day watching him fly over our heads and the lake. We can see him perched on the tree (picture right below), from our back windows. He sits up there for about 30-40 min. then flies around the lake for about 5 minutes. We figured out why he is here, all the ducklings are starting to hatch. Because we sit right on the lake, he literally turns right above our house and swoops towards the lake right in front of us.


Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were all early out days. The weather has been so beautiful we have spent as much time outside playing as possible. On Friday I checked the kids out early along with, Brooklyn (so she could babysit Spencer), Tanner, Taige and Brody I took them all up to ski and snowboard for what I think is the last time this winter. The lifts stayed open until 6. So it was a very fun, long day. Everyone was tired by the time we were done. Saturday, chores, but then we played. We rounded up some boys and played baseball for a while. Then the kids came back over to our house for a late night. We got pizza, the boys ding-dong-ditched us for about an hour. We sent Lucy after them. Then we loaded everyone one up and went hot tubing over at the country club, and then back to our house for these owl cupcakes (below) that the girls and I made. Thank goodness today was a down day, so I can get ready for the upcoming week. Our plans for the week go as follows. Monday- Grand Falls aka Chocolate(mud) Falls, Tuesday- Sycamore in Cottonwood, we are meeting friends up there who are camping and riding 4 wheelers for the day, Wednesday- a take it easy day, Thursday- going to Sedona with friends for the day. Friday and Saturday I'm not to sure about yet. I'm sure I will come up with something. I do get to go out on a date with my hubby Saturday night that will be fun,
Sarah, these are for you. As soon as it gets a little warmer, I will put everyone in there Hawaiian outfits that you sent, and get a picture.


He is still playing with this frog all the time. I have to say I'm getting a little sick of the song. But don't worry my kids aren't, and neither are all of their friends that come over.

No comments: