Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eliza's Tea Party

I really hate blogging out of order, but I wanted to put up Eliza's birthday party. It was so much fun decorating for this party. I spent LOTS of time making it cute and girly. I think time well spent! My deck was transformed into an angelic, delightful venue, only fit for my Eliza'Lou. I had so much fun setting this up for her and her friends, to enjoy an afternoon together being, "Little Ladies."

Eliza helped with the place cards. She wrote all her friends names out, picked out where they were going to sit. She put so much thought into it. Example; Tabatha, her BFF sat to the left of her, she had to give her a pink plate, with the gloves that had  pink trimmed lace. Kiarra, had to have a blue plate because she is a little bit more of a tom boy. She did this for every friend. I think she is so sweet and thoughtful.

 I wish I would have uncovered all the food before I took the pictures, but I didn't, so oh well.

I decided to try and get fancy with my tips (frosting tips). I played around with them for a little, until I taught myself how to make flowers and a couple of other styles.


 I had to set up 3 tables, Eliza invited 9 friends. So in order to seat everyone comfortably and with company I added an extra table. I wish I had one large one to out them all at but I didn't. I hope no one felt left out.
 First, we made hats. Then we went over Emily Post table manners. I took my opportunity to go over etiquette. I HATE bad table manners. Eliza read them to her friends.
 After, etiquette. We went out to the backyard, went on a walk around the lake and fed the ducks.




 When we got back we were still waiting for 2 friends to come, so we opened presents and then started to eat. They showed up just as everyone was sitting down. I made everyone fancy glove, but I made Eliza's to match her tea party dress.

 I spent all day yesterday making the food for the party. I made mini chicken croissant sandwiches. Mini corndogs, and chicken nuggets.  I cookie cut cheese, into the shapes of stars and flowers, for crackers. I mixed strawberries and raspberries together, put them into individual cups and sprinkled powder sugar on them. I also put cherry tomatoes into little cups. I made cupcakes, and these adorable baby cakes that I died Eliza's favorite color blue and filled them with vanilla frosting.  At the end of the party I had a candy bar, with rock candy, a fruit bouquet made of suckers, and licorice,  for them to fill up their bags. No sugar at all! Right?


 All the girls in their hats and gloves. It was the perfect day, except for one thing. The WIND. I am so tired of it. That's my only complaint so who am I kidding such a fun party for Eliza and great friends.

1 comment:

Sissy Jackson said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT WE MISSED THAT AMAZING PARTY. DON'T TELL SOPHIE...SHE'LL HATE ME FOREVER FOR BEING THE WORST MOM IN THE WORLD! SO GLAD THAT THE GIRLS HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME. YOU DO A PARTY RIGHT...THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY!