Saturday, February 27, 2010

Attention Mom's / Room Fairy

I was reading my Mom's article on www.mormontimes.com about 2 weeks ago. After I finished her article I saw another on on house keeping. I thought how stupid an article written every 2 weeks on house keeping. I clicked on it to see just how stupid it really was. In there was a clip from a lady who invented the "Room Fairy." the Room Fairy is like Santa Claus and and the tooth fairy rolled into one, she comes by unannounced and if your room is clean she will leave you a present on your bed. The next day I told my kids about her. I told them that I would help them get there room clean to see if she would come by. They cleaned their room with the best attitude that day, and 2 days later she came by. They wake up every morning and make their beds, I even hear them telling each other lets keep our rooms like this so the room fairy will come, or don't forget to hang up your towel so when the room fairy comes she will leave us something. Today I walked up on them dusting their room so when she comes by she will be impressed. It has been 2 and a half weeks, the room fairy has stopped by twice and this is what there room has looked like the whole time. I have not had to say one word about cleaning their room. I LOVE the ROOM FAIRY!!!!

4 comments:

The Trumpsters said...

Okay, so I think there may have to be a room fairy at our house- maybe it'll rub off to make our room clean too! ha ha! Our's is almost always the worst because it's the catch all for when company comes over! Thanks for the great idea!!!!

The Trumpsters said...

Thanks, with having 3 girls I think I go overboard with the cutesy stuff sometimes, but it's fun! I got them at Walmart if you can believe it! Here's the link-
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Badger-Basket-Doll-Bunk-Beds-with-Ladder/4698926
They LOVE them! My kids are also brutally honest, yesterday Sierra (8) got a cute little emergency dance kit (bobby pins, safety pins, q-tips, etc) from one of the other mom's on her dance team, she said to me, "I just love this, I'm so happy they gave me this...I don't think you would ever think of something this good!"

brittany said...

I need a room fairy for me!

"M" Clan said...

sweet Room Fairy, I am SO going to give this a try!!