Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring Break Fun

DAY 1 of Spring Break: First we went to Beaver Creek and had a picnic. Then we went to Montezuma Castle. It is a 5 story 20 room castle built by the Sinagua Indians in 1125. The kids and I sat in on one of the tours, they got to crush Yucca leaves and make rope out of them, just like the Indians did. They thought that was pretty fun.
After that we headed into Sedona and went to an Art Gallery. You can walk the grounds, it is full of the coolest windmills I have ever seen. Along with different kinds of sculptures and water fountains. It was beautiful.
On the way out the kids were abducted.
After that we jumped back in the car and headed up Oak Creek Canyon, we stopped off at Westfork for a hike and adventure.
Along the hike we found, what looked to be, a house that had burnt down to the ground. Left over was a fire place, along with a side wall.
I think this was part of the backyard. We decided it was our Narnia. Here the kids are going into our new world. We played back there for a while by the river.
This is how Spencer hikes. After the hike we jumped back in the car and headed home it was a long but very fun day.

DAY 2: We skied. We spent the day over on the Anasazi and Sunset side. The kids went to the very top of the mountain on Tuesday. They are getting really good and keep pushing themselves. They skied a couple of blacks and we spent a lot of time in the snowboard park. Dallin was doing jumps and rails. Eliza did her first jumps. She didn't land the first one but to my surprise she jumped right up and did another one,which she landed. I was really proud of her, she was really proud of herself.
DAY 3: We took it kind of easy today. First we cleaned house, then we made quicksand. We made a jungle seen in the cake pan and watched all of the little jungle animals sink.
We then went on a long walk with the dogs. Then we walked up to Bear Paw and played miniature golf.
This is how Spencer golfs and hangs out with us.To finish off the night we jumped in the hot tub.
We were supposed to ski tomorrow however, I am kind of bored of Snowbowl. Also I am very sunburned, but only on my neck. I put sunblock every where else so I look really funny, only my neck is beat red. We will just have to see what tomorrow has in store for us???

2 comments:

Celeste Dodge said...

Thanks for the comments. Tristan is an absolute doll! I can't stop smooching his cheeks! Looks like you guys had fun. I went to Montezuma's castle when I was about your kids ages and I loved it and still remember it. How far is that from your house? The kids still love having Tristan around and constantly fight over who gets to hold him! Hope to see you guys soon!!

brittany said...

Emily, you are seriously the coolest mom ever! I want to be just like you.