Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Assassians

Assassins is a night game that Dallin, Eliza and their friends love to play. They always beg Steve and I to play and we always do, it really is a lot of fun. Let me explain. You have 2 assassins, they are trying to hunt you down. There are boundaries, you have to stay undetected and uncaught for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes you have to try and make it back to base with out being tagged or hit by the stick. Last night we played after dark, Spencer was asleep, usually he plays with us and sits right on my hip. He really is a great hiding companion. He can be very quite (just hard to run with). Since Spencer was asleep Lucy (our yellow Lab) was my hiding buddy, she is not very quite and breaths very LOUD. We were out hiding and managed to not get caught the first 20 minutes. I was sneaking up on home base and was close enough that I knew it was going to be close but I was sure I could make it. So I got up from behind this bush and started sprinting for base. I was really running and Lucy was at my side. I had Dallin and Chase, the assassins, on my tail. I guess that spooked Lucy a little so she decided to cut right in front of me. I not only tripped over her but when I hit the ground I slid for a good 10 feet. Steve thought I was going to slide into the cement. Well I did stop and I was a little hurt, but laughing. The funniest part is laying on the ground and looking up at 4 boys, Eliza, Steve and Lucy all standing over you. Then having the 2 assassins, not help you up but, TAG YOU OUT. I was so close to winning the game, I was robbed. I do think I should grow up but, really who wants too???
So I have to tell you what the kids and I did all day. It was me and 7 kids. MOM, Dallin, Taige, Chase, Spencer, Madison, Brooklyn, Eliza, and Lucy. I took them all to West Fork, in Oak Creek Canyon on the way to Sedona. I was already feeling, a little "Sound of Music" seeing as how we sang the whole way up. We hiked into the river and then made our way through the "mossy" rocks to our spot, that's right I slipped a lot. I have a cut up knee, ankle, a jammed finger and thumb from saving Spencer, the towels and food in the fall. So this is what really made it the "Sound of Music." We did climb trees and there was wild blue berries (they were really black, but the kids called them blue) and raspberries growing all along the banks of the river. For those of you who haven't seen Sound of Music a million times, remember when the kids sneak off to see Maria at the Abby. She leaves because she has released she loves the Captain. (It's such a great movie) Anyways back to the story line, the kids sneak off to the Abby and when they get home Captain Von Trap questions them about where they have been. Well the 7 children lie, and say the were out picking blueberries. So yesterday I was feeling very Maria. If you haven't seen the Sound of Music in a while you really should watch it.

1 comment:

Mark and Stacie said...

You're so fun! Thanks for keeping my kids entertained!!!