Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fright Night

We decided to have a Halloween Party. My kids begged me last year, but Spencer was just barely 3 months old. So that didn't happen. This year I decided to go for it. Now that it's over I'm glad I did. Lot of WORK but lots of FUN!!! Below is pictures of the invites. On the right is the girls, on the left is the boys. Dallin and Eliza each invited 7 friends.
Eliza finally decided to be a vampire. This was her 4th costume idea. After she said she wanted to be a vampire I thought it would be fun if Steve and I were Vampires too. Dallin felt left out but he really wanterd to be an assasin.
I wanted to hang this chandeler from the fan in the frontroom. Thank goodness Steve thought ahead and said, "Wax is going to drip from this." We put it out front on the porch. Look at that cute little cowboy behind the screen.
The witch station.
FOOD FOR THE PARTY. This was lots of fun. I got the idea for candy kabobs from, http://www.purplechocolathome.blogspot.com/ . You should also check out her witches. I really would love to have lunch with them.
Cupcakes, who doesn't love cupcakes? I made about 50 something of them., and just when I was running out of decorating ideas Jackie suggested I check out her sister's blog, http://www.redcouchrecipes.blogspot.com/
Of course I had to make carmel popcorn. According to Dallin and Eliza I make the VERY best carmel popcorn. Here is the recipe. Totally low fat, and it stays soft.
Carmel Popcorn
4 cups butter (2 cups-4 cubes)
2cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup Caryo syurp
Bring to a rolling boil for about 1-2 min. Drop in water to see if carmalizes. Pour on popcorn. Seriously, I'm not totting my own horn I got the recipe from a friend for a reason. It's the best carmel popcorn ever.


This is the cupcake Steve, claimed to eat. It did turn out really cute.

Of course we had to have dry ice. Which is cool, but it makes the lemonade taste funny.
GAMES, we played 3 games at the party. First the dounut game, always fun.
Everyone cheering Thomas on.

BOBBING for APPLES
I realized after this picture that I would never bob for apples unless I get to bob first.
Eliza dives right in.
The girl groupfrom the left, Kendall, Tabitha, Ashlee, McKenna, Kiara, Eliza, Madison. On the floor left Hallie, Sara.
The boys, from the left, Austin, Mike, Thomas, Dallin. Bottom, Brody, Tanner, and Taige.
Aarron and Gretchen came over to hang out and help crowd control.
The kids diving in and enjoying all the SUGAR>

Boys, need I say more.
Our last game was the Cake Walk. All the kids won. They got a grab bag and a candy kabob.
GRAB BAGS

A handful of boys stayed late and went toilet papering. Eliza and Tabby stuck around and made up a dance. Which they performed for us about a dozen times. Over all Fun party. Where is the clean up crew?

1 comment:

brittany said...

First off, you are totally amazing.

Second, can you throw me a party?

Third, I got your message forever ago, and never got back to you. I'm so sorry! I stink! I'm starting to feel human again! I never realized how hard it would be having two kids! plus, Liv has thrush, and I'm just getting over laryngitis! Anyway, I need your number, because I need to talk to you! love, Britt