Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Daytona Beach, Florida

 After 6 days in Orlando, and going, going, going, 2 days at the beach was just what we needed before heading home. We got a hotel that was beach front so we could spend as much time there as possible.
 Everyone was so excited to get to the water. Honestly we checked in and were in the water within 15 minutes.
 Spencer ran right in. He was a little nervous of the waves at first but it didn't take long for him to get used to it.
 Dallin and Eliza wasted no time.
 Eliza is so sweet with Spencer. She wanted to bury him but he was going to have nothing to do with that.
 RIDING THE WAVES


 Seriously I LOVE this kid. There is nothing about Spencer I don't enjoy, I can't help but smile every time I look or think about him.

 Liza'Lou enjoying the water.
 That night we put the kids down and left them with the phone. We walked down to the boardwalk for about an hour. It was fun to get out with Steve for a little. When we got back to the hotel both Dallin and Eliza were passed out. Spencer popped right up in his port-a-crib when we walked in. We took him down to the beach for a walk that night. Just Dad, Mom and Spencer.
 DAY 2, at the Beach. We got skim boards and had such a fun fun day. I had to drag Dallin off the beach, he loves skim boarding.

 Eliza kind of likes it, but she really just likes to ride the waves.

 I should have put up the pictures of Steve on the board, but this one is way better. Dallin and I were dying laughing. I'm not making fun of you Steve, I'm laughing with you. You know I think you can do anything, love you.
 It didn't take Dallin very long to get the hang of it.


 Eliza loves to go out in the water, especially with her Dad.

 Yes, I am at the beach to. I handed the camera to Steve and asked him to get me in a few.
 See what I mean??? This kid is the BEST,
 and the CUTEST!!!
 Spencer and Mom, we are going to make a sand castle.
 Liza'Lou riding the waves.


 The first day we didn't see a single sting ray. The second day we saw a ton. For the most part it was 2 here, 2 there. We did see a school of 6 once, but they didn't keep us out of the water. We just walked down the beach a little and tried to avoid them, but it was hard there was a lot of them. Thank goodness no one got stung, just a really really fun day with my FAMILY. Rachel flew home on Friday morning so she didn't get to come to the beach. Through out the day every single one of us commented on wishing Rachel was there with us. Eliza commented a lot more than once.
We flew out at 7pm, by the time we caught our lay over everyone was so exhausted. We could hardly get them off the plane when we landed. We got home at 2am our time. 5am Florida time. The next morning we were all up by 6:15 for dance, exhausted and back to the real world. I am finally feeling like we really have over done it this time with sports and activities. I am now coaching which has added to the chaos. I was talking to Steve the other night and said, "I just can't do it." Which is not something I say very often. I have signed us up for nothing this summer, we are traveling quite a bit. So that will be enough we are just going to relax and enjoy. I hope I can do it, I will probably be board by week 2. I also decided we are going to have to cut a activity if I want to continue to coach, which I do. I really enjoy it and I know my kids like having me involved. Steve and I just played in our first softball games this weekend. We are on a team together and we each play on separate teams. He plays on a all guys team and I got picked up bu another co-ed team. So between all of us we had 8 games this last week, busy but so fun.

1 comment:

Sissy Jackson said...

Im so glad that you guys had such a GREAT time. Gatto love those family VACATIONS!