Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day weekend

 I was finishing up my work-out on Thursday right before I had to go and pick up the kids. I heard this crashing on the back fence. I jumped up and was at the screen door, the same time Leah (our ex black lab) came crashing into our screen. I let her come in and run around with Lucy. My kids were not home so I decided instead of returning Leah right away I would surprise the kids and let them all play at the park with Leah. So I only kidnapped her for a little bit, then we took her home. Everyone was SO HAPPY to see her. On Friday we spent the entire day at the pool, swimming in the sun and having the best time. On Saturday we worked, that night we went over to the Graham's. Aaron and I had a joint birthday party. Gretchen is the best, my birthday would have SUCKED if it hadn't been for her. I had so much fun that night, thanks GG. Aaron pulled out his big new gun for everyone to see. All the girls wanted to get a picture with it, but none of us could keep a tough face long enough with out laughing. 
 Sunday morning we went to church, then hopped in the car and head out to meet friends camping. It was so windy and cold on Sunday but we stuck it out. Monday we rode quads and rhinos all day. Monday was my actual birthday and I am not going to pretend like it was a great one. Steve was camping with us but had to leave in the morning because he had to work. He didn't even wish me a happy birthday until mid afternoon, my kids didn't even wish me happy birthday, until i told them it was my birthday, around 3. Even then it was a, "oh, it's your birthday, happy birthday. Gretchen remembered half way through the day, thank goodness because I was starting to feel very unloved. The only thing that kept me happy was my family (the Fred's) and some close friend's from UT and MEM, texts me the sweetest birthday wishes. Also Spencer made me smile all day. He was made for this. He loved everything about camping. Here he is wearing motorcross gear, that he never took off.
 This is about 1/4 of the kids that were camping. I think there was about 9 families up there, it was so much fun.
 Eliza and Tabby waiting to go on a ride.
 Spencer really wants to go too.
 He spent a lot of time sitting on quads and dirt bike pretending to ride.

 Spencer's first 4 wheeler ride. He didn't stay back there for long, Scott moved it to the front almost immediately.
 Motorcross gear and an arrow, life couldn't not be an better.

 Garrett and Dallin riding around. I took Dallin out and taught him how to drive one. He really loved the dirt bike. He and Garrett spent most of their time shooting guns and carving things.
 We got home from camping around 3:30, I spent about 2 hours hosing everything down, I have the biggest pile of laundry and my car is so gross. When Steve got home, he went right back out because if we were going to celebrate my birthday he needed a cake and stuff. Eliza tried her best to make it a magical birthday party for and it was so thanks Eliza, I love my card and my pin. Thanks Steve for taking her.

No comments: