Sunday, April 29, 2012

Last month or So

Happy Valentines Day, sure do love my family. Just to sum up the last month. Basketball ended, baseball and softball has started. The kids started about 3 weeks ago, Steve and I start this week. We will average about 5-6 games a week. If you need to get a hold of us we will be at one of the ball parks.
Dallin thinks he is so funny. It was the day of school pictures, Dallin thought it would be cool to take a magnet and make his ear look pierced. Have to admit I think he is pretty funny. Eliza has been old enough for activity days for a while now. She loves going. It is a group of girls from 8-11 from church who meet twice a month and do activities. There last lesson was on modesty. So the girls dressed Eliza in a modest prom dress made out of newspaper.


Good old pinewood derby. This year was tough. Dallin took 4th the top 3 go to Districts. This is his last year to do pine wood derby. To bad people cheat. the kid who won last year showed up with his winning car this year. I did say something to the cub master but he was to shy to say something. I just wish people would have some character and follow the rules. 


Spencer was out on the deck one morning just hanging out. Went out to check on him and he was busy filling up Lucy's water bowl, taking his dolphins for a swim.

EASTER EGG HUNT
I have wanted to do this for a few years now but one year it snowed , another it just didn't happen. This year I was encouraged to have one by some friends. I spent about a week cleaning up my yard. We have a open back yard, that means that the deer, elk, ducks, geese, dogs, and whatever else will use the lawn as a bathroom. I filled about 18 large black bags full of poop, leaves, and pine needles. Come Easter Egg Hunt time my yard looked great. It's a good thing too, there was around 100 people in my back yard. We hide around a 1000 candy filled eggs. I sectioned it off into 4 groups. 1-4, 5-7, 8-10, 11 and up were out in the forest. I have no pictures off Dallin because the older kids just took off. Oh well remember he is becoming cool like that. 

Just a small section of my yard. The whole thing looked like this.


Spencer's first BIG hunt. Of course as expected he was more interested in finding out what was inside than gathering up a bunch of eggs.


Eliza knows the drill, she even had her route mapped out in her head. She headed straight for the stream, (it's dry right now) and started loading up.

From what I hear, I will be doing this next year, and every year after that.






No comments: