Sunday, April 29, 2012

Redneck Style... How to dispose of your gingerbread house

Earlier that week I had my 3rd and final knee surgery done. We got home from Phoenix after Dallin competition and that following Monday I went in for surgery. Dr Botti fixed what Dr Lewicky messed up. By this point quite a few things had happened. Originally I went in with a meniscus tear, it had split in half and was hanging over the front of my knee, catching on the knee cap and other things in there. Dr Lewicky attempted to repair it but couldn't, it was to shredded so he took it out. Except he left some of it in there, so within 2 weeks the rest of my meniscus had ripped off the bone slide into my trocli's damaging those, causing surgery #2. Dr. Lewicky went back in tried to repair what was left of my meniscus but couldn't. It ended up all coming out except the 1 part he left in the first surgery. He put in two implants? I put a question because he can't remember. The surgical notes say 2. He told Steve 1, and told Dr. Botti, my knew surgeon he can't remember. Turns out by the time I went and saw Dr. Botti, I needed the implants fixed, a tear in my MCL fixed, my ACL loosed and the piece that Dr Lewicky left in, back by my "hook" (dr's terms) taken out. All that said and done my knee is finally healing. So surgery was on Monday, (on crutches for 6 weeks this time) Steve's Mom came for a visit on Friday, Steve and Dallin left out of town on Saturday. They went to Phoenix for the Cardinal's football game. Eliza and I had a girls weekend when we went to the Taylor Swift concert, so in order for things to be fair the boys needed a weekend. Steve and Dallin got home late Sunday night. Debbie left on Monday. Sunday night we blew up the gingerbread house. First we tried to shoot at it with the BB gun but we weren't getting the explosion we wanted. So we then pulled out the fire crackers and blew it up. It really was very exciting. 




No comments: