Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Camping at Tibblefork

August 11th and 12th
We got into town on the 10th for Tom's wedding, the wedding wasn't until the 19th so we had lots of time to play. We went to Tibblefork, in American Fork Canyon in Ut.on the 12th.
 It really was such a beautiful place. Steve and I used ti camp here all the time during out college years.
 Uncle Tom and Uncle Matt came with us. Thank goodness because I couldn't of done it without them. I was post knee surgery only 3 weeks on this camping trip, so I didn't get to do a lot of hiking.


 I was busy running around trying to get all the camping gear ready so I asked the kids to pack themselves. BIG mistake. It gets really cold in the canyon at night and no one brought pj's. I even forgot Spencer's, and since I didn't want my kids to freeze I gave them mine. I layered everyone up the best I could. Eliza is wearing one of my shirts and my bathing suit cover up. Spencer is wearing one of my shirts and my socks on his hands and arms to try and keep him war. Dallin is in my sweats. Thomas and Matt gave up some of there clothes so I didn't freeze. However it was a cold night seeing as how we didn't have blankets or pillows. We had sleeping bags and about 2 blankets but it didn't help much.
 Thank goodness we had a great fire. We all stayed warm as long as we stayed close to the flames.
  The morning after a very long night of NO sleep and i wasn't the only one. Eliza, Spencer and myself ended up in the back of the pilot and left the boys in the tent with a few more blankets so they could bundle up and stay warm. We used the heat in the car.
 Just a cute picture of Spencer with his Uncle Matt.
 Honestly my kids have the best Aunts and Uncles. Our kids are so spoiled and lucky to have them. I hope they realize someday how loved they are.
 That Blondie, is me in the back of the pilot. Just trying to get a little bit of beauty rest.
 We packed up camp and headed over to the lake to fish. Uncle Matt was so sweet to help the kids fish.
 Eliza attempting to swim, however the water was way to cold. Spencer fell in and came up with a look of total shock and terror because of how cold it was.
 We spent about half the day up there and made it home in time for dinner. Later that night Uncle Erik helped Spencer get in full camo. He looked so cute. 

No comments: