Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Halloween Party

October the 15th
 Tradition!!! I guess now, not only is it tradition for my kids, but from what I hear from other parents their kids look forward to it to. Almost as much as trick or treating. One mom told me her daughter put her costume on the morning of the party and couldn't wait for it to star. It's those comments and the excitement for the kids that makes the 2 weeks of hard work (1 week of prep and about 1 week of clean up) ALL WORTH IT. My kids obviously love it to. This year was a little different we invited some parents. I think next year will be even bigger and we will just have to invite everyone. It's hard to choose who gets to come and who doesn't. As tradition goes the kids bobbed for apples, had a doughnut eating contest, this year we had a pinata, and of course as tradition goes I made a ton of food. 


Bobbing for apples and the doughnut contest
Spencer was Darth Vader, Han Solo was there and he so kindly shared his gun with Spencer.
Han and Leia
Some Pirates
Ann Marie, trying to bust in on Kevin and Claudia. Lucky, Kevin.

Eliza and Tabby. Just in case you can't tell what they are, they are fish. Tabby, is a goldfish. Eliza is a angelfish. Dallin is to cool and was off with his friends the second they showed up.
Dan and Marisa, she is a Pink Lady.
Candy GOODS!
Monster cupcakes!

This year, I climbed trees and broke branches to make my front porch a little spooky. Yes, I really climbed trees. I spent about 3 hours hanging branches and putting crows all over.
I drug this big old piece of wood over for the owl to sit on.


These pretzels were easy to make and a huge hit.

One of the many food stations.
I would make a few changes, but over all such a fun night. I wish I had pictures from the pinata but I was to busy spinning kids and making sure no one got hit by the bat.

No comments: