Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dawson's Dash

This Saturday September the 11th was Dawson's Dash. Dawson's Family lives in our neighborhood. When we moved here 3 years ago he was already battling cancer. He passed away last year. There was a lot people who loved him in this community. Every year there is a race held in his honor. This year I was on the committee to help set up and take down. I was also supposed to be a cross guard during the race, but they had plenty of help. I ended up running in the race with my kids. I caught up with them about a half mile into the race. Here is Eliza, she is a born runner. She pretty much ran the whole thing. She came in second place for her age group. Chase Moore running with his cousin Tillman.
Dallin kind of ran the whole way. I ran with him and pushed him along. He was not happy with me. He was happy when his name was announced for taking 3rd place in his age group.
Spencer hung out with Stacie Moore and cheered us on at the finish line. Spencer with Kaylin Moore who placed 6th place over all.
Dallin with some of his buddies. Thomas, Dallin, who is giving Taige a purple nurple. Taige, who taught Dallin about purple nurple, I bet you he regrets teaching him that, and Kolby.

No comments: