Monday, September 20, 2010

Past weekend

This was my project over the weekend and still a work in progress. Finally Spencer is out of our room. I have been putting off going through the play room. I HATE toys in bedrooms. I like clean rooms. Oh well I have to make it work. This window is a huge mess right now. I need a long wood cabinet that I can shut the door on and hide these toys. I do like the pillows on the window seat, just don't know how I feel about the window treatment. The blinds need to go and something else needs to happen. I'm going to have to think about it for a little, BUT we have our room back. YEAH!!!!
The lost baby coon.

By the time Saturday night hit I was ready for a date and a day off. HAHAHA, Friday we had all the boys at our house, Tanner, Brody, Taige, Garet and Dallin. Eliza, had her friend Mckenna over for a while. They just play so sweet and quite. The boys on the other hand, during the day an Airsorft war. Dallin, got shot in the forehead. Then off to football, where he scored his first touchdown. Then back to our house. The boys came back over for night games and raccoon hunting. That's right they baited our backyard for coons. They always come and try to eat Lucy's food, so tonight their plan was to catch one. Didn't happen, big disappointment. They also decided to go run around, without there shirts and wave them in the air. They also stood on the street corner and whirled their shirts around their heads when cars drove by. Don't worry I supervised the whole thing. UUHH, what am I going to do they are 9! And POOR ELIZA she just runs with these lunatics, who knows what is running through her little head. Don't worry she kept her shirt on!!!! As you can see by the pictures above coon hunting was not a total waste, on Sunday night we were in the house and heard this high pitched screaming. I thought it was a bird, but no, it was this baby raccoon calling for it's Mom. I felt so bad for it. I tried to lour it back to the wash, were they live, but he or she didn't understand my good intentions and kept coming after me. The kids were out there with me trying to help it. Finally we just went inside and it cried for it's Mom for a long time. After about 2 hours I sent Steve out to check on it. He was a good sport, and went out with hot pads on his hands, just in case he found the little guy, the hot pads would protect him while he carried it back to safety. Not to sure were safety is, thank goodness he didn't find it otherwise we would have a new pet, Coony. There has been lots of wildlife excitement lately. I don't know if it's mating season or what, but the Elk's are calling. It wakes you up in the middle of the night. It sounds like someone is being murdered. Thank goodness for Monday, I got my house ALL CLEANED up and had a friend come over. I taught her how to decorate cupcakes, which is always fun for me. I then finally got in the shower, and sat down thinking I get to relax when I instantly remembered I had an appointment at 2. I got out of the shower at 1:30 scrambled to get Spencer and myself ready. Also get Dallin's football gear together, because after I picked him up at 3:30 it was straight to practice. I actually, was out of the house at 1:49, and thought I am going to make it, and on time. Then as I was getting on the freeway I hit, construction!!! Finally I got off the freeway, and onto Butler, were I decided to go straight instead of turn, only to run into railroad crossing and sure enough the railroad bars came right down in front of me. I was 10 minutes late to my appointment, waiting for the stupid train to pass. I finally made it home by 6, and got dinner on the table by 6:45. (wait I forgot to tell you, when I got to my appointment, I got the very front spot. My luck was turning.) So dinner 6:45 we were finally sitting down to eat BBQ chicken, when about a minute into dinner Eliza asks, "Does chicken come from pigs???" We all died laughing. AHHHH, finally some slow down, a fun family dinner.
Below is the gang running a muck.

No comments: