Thursday, September 30, 2010

Finally I got a sec to create and decorate

So, I went out with Eliza this last Saturday so she could sell discount cards for the school fundraiser and I saw some people with Halloween decorations up. I judged them right away, and thought, "OK Nuts, it's a little early but whatever." Then on Tuesday I saw the date and realized October is 2-3 days away. So today I broke out all the decoration and had fun. I stung witch brooms from the ceiling and am now trying to figure out how to stuff a witch, to hang by them. I have been in full decorating mood, and having fun. It's kind of like therapy for me. The kids came home from school and helped me finish. I do have a hard time giving them control of my decor, but I have learned, they have such cute crazy ideas too. Not how I want things, and I constantly have to tell myself not to fix things, "Your missing the point Emily!!!" (That's what I say in my head.) They are always so proud when they get done decorating something. I also love it when they get home and the whole house is transformed into something new and exciting. They go around the house and wind up snow globes, pull on the spring spiders, which drives me crazy. It ruins the springs. Play with the playmobile village and of course tell me how cool everything looks. Then, of course, that night we have to read all the Halloween books which are already upstairs by their beds and waiting. I still have a few odds and ends to finish, but all the big stuff is done. Yeah!!!! Now that scouts is on hold for a little and I am caught up on the important stuff, I have been making a few things. I finished Spencer's Halloween costume last night. Today I worked on these magnets. Below are my everyday fridge magnets. I thought it would be fun to have some for the holidays so I made....... these Halloween magnets. Dallin and Eliza came home from school and saw these for the first time and LOVED them.
I also got the idea that since we were decorating our house, Flush Fin (that's our fishes name. Although I hope he dies soon. I really want a big white gold fish. Sorry just my random thoughts) Ok, so I thought it would be cute, to get orange & black rocks for flush's home.

1 comment:

Brent and Ashley said...

Look at you! you are such a fun mom! Don't let my kids know because they'd be jealous...