Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Spencer's Talking

I was doing P90X and Spencer pulled a book out of his bin, laid down on his tummy and started to look through it. It was to cute, to pass up getting a picture. I'm just glad, he looked at it long enough to get the picture.
In the last 2-3 days Spencer is starting to talk, A LOT! It kind of surprised me. I was thinking they starting talking around 18 months. Obviously I love Dallin and Eliza much more. I looked up the timeline for baby development with them. Also, isn't he supposed to walk first? Lazy boy! He is taking 3-4 steps, but then falls and he doesn't get back up. He just takes of crawling. His favorite word is more. He says it when he wants more to drink, and more to eat. If he sees a cup, he says more, implying he is thirsty and wants a drink. I am trying to switch him to drink, but that is much harder to say. He says Mama, when he crying and hurt or upset. Last night, when Steve walked in the door from work, Spencer was sitting in his highchair and reached for Steve and said, "Dada." It was so cute. He also says, "all done and ball." I am trying to teach him sign, but I have been bad at being consistent. I can't wait till he starts to say, Dallin and Eliza, it's going to make them so happy.

1 comment:

brittany said...

Emily! I wasn't able to call anyone because I lost my phone and therefore everyone's phone numbers...so unfortunately, everyone found out via internet. lame, i know.