Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Fair is in Town

Today I passed out Spencer's Thank You cards. Here is my thought process behind this card. I wanted Spencer to sign his thank you cards. My first thought, was I could stamp it with his thumb print. Then I thought, his hand print would be cute. Since, his party was under the sea theme, i decided to make his hand print into a fish, for the fins I used his thumb print. I made two different styles.

The County Fair, always fun, and yet leaves you questioning??? Were do some of these people come from? I never see them around town, or at school. Funniest part of the fair was on the way home. Steve told me, "We smell." Since I have no sense of smell I asked, "like what?" Steve answered, "Smoke. No, I know, we smell like white trash." I hit him. Then about a minute later, he said, "It smells like puke." We went into Chili's had dinner and then we were heading home. Dallin pipes up from the back, "Eliza your feet stink." Steve and I put 2 and 2 together. It was a good laugh for a few minutes, while we all insisted Eliza put on her shoes. Anyways, back to the fair. As much fun as we had, of course, when we left there was tears. Tears, about all the things they didn't get to do, but wanted to. If only they could do one more ride, because it was going to be their favorite. They didn't get enough junk food. At least, by the time we got to the car, they had time to settle down and say thank you for the best night ever. Oh, good times. We went to see the animals first, and I have to tell you there was some excitement. When we got to the duck cages, one of the ducks was stuck in the fence. This MEAN big goose, on the other side, was biting the duck that was stuck. It was trying to pull it through the fence. Which was twisting the ducks head even more. I was in a total state, of motherly panic. I was looking very quickly for someone who worked there, and could save the duck. I finally got the girl, who was taking care of the pigs. I told her what was going on, that there was a bully, and pointed it out. She went into a state of panic. So much, that she couldn't figure out how to get out of her cage, or into the ducks cage. Right as I decided, she was just to far gone to help, and I was going to have to save this duck. That's right, I was going to face the Canadian geese, to save the poor little duck. The poor little thing broke free. This was going on for a good 5 minutes. I'm not going to lie I was a little upset. Enough, that when I was going to sleep, I was worrying that the stupid duck was OK. I guess I am a little sensitive. Steve wants me to add, that he doesn't care about ducks, and he thinks my idea of going into the cage was a stupid one. Anyways, enough from heartless Steve. After the life threatening incident, we decided to have some fun. The kids went on the swings,
the Fun House,
the Gravitron,
the Dizzy Dragons,
and the Slides. All which, Dallin and Eliza had a BLAST on.
Then we decided to put them on the Farris Wheel. Eliza was terrified. Overtime she spun down by the conductor she would say, " Can you please stop the ride, Can you please stop the ride." If you look at these "bad" pictures, you can see she is terrified.

Over all it was a really fun night. Can't wait to do it again, next year.

1 comment:

Celeste Dodge said...

Hello my friend!! I'm so glad that it's not just my kids that only are upset about what they didn't get to do. It looks like you had so much fun. We haven't taken our kids to the fair since Washington County a) has it in AUGUST!!! (Do they forget where we live when they plan it?) and b)they have inmates cleaning up the fairgrounds during the fair. Dumb people planning the fair!! Wish we could've joined you.