Friday, September 3, 2010

First 2 weeks of School

I am having a heck of a time switching from pool days to school days. This last week Dallin missed football practice (not my fault, they called 2 hours before practice to tell me there was practice that day. AND, they didn't even tell me. I got a message later that night.) Eliza missed dance, I hadn't done the calender yet. People had told me about her practice bu,t it was another long night with Spencer and I couldn't get myself out of bed that morning. Also, Dallin has been a little neglectful, as far as homework, and studying his spelling. He missed 3 words, on his test, which is not OK. They can either get 100% or miss one. Anything less and they are not studying hard enough. Eliza got a 100% on her test but, she doesn't have homework like Dallin does. Which is another thing I need to adjust to. There isn't lots of homework K-2, and now we have 3rd grade homework. Mornings, have been a little hectic, and lazy. However, these past few mornings they are getting the routine down again. Also, with all the sickness already, it's been hard to get on any routine. Dallin missed Wed-Friday last week, and this week Spencer has been sick. Last night he spiked a fever, again, so this morning I took him into the doctors. He now has an ear infection on top of, runny nose, fever, cough, and NO SLEEP. I might add no sleep for Spencer, Steve and, myself for about 2 weeks. I'm glad we finally have something to treat. He is now 1, so I can give him a little bit of Benadryl for runny nose, which hopefully helps with the cough, which hopefully helps with the sleep. Poor little guy.

When Aunt Rachel came out to visit she brought the kids Silly Bands. She was shocked we didn't know what they were. I reminded her that we live in a small town and they would soon enough make there way here. Well about 2 weeks after my kids were introduced to them they started to other kids with them and now that they are back in school there is some serious trading going on. One day after school we had to drive back up to the school, so Dallin could go in and trade Madison her helicopter, for his star. He needed the helicopter to trade Brody for his plane. Then with the plane, trade with Chase, for his tank. This was his original scheming and planning. However, Brody wouldn't trade the next day. So Dallin's next plan, was to bug me until I would take him to Target, to buy the Military pack. I finally caved today, but now he has a new favorite. It's the ipod on his chest. I wish I had thought of silly bands.
Eliza doesn't get quite as obsessed about, who has what, and which one she NEEEEDS! She just loves to stack them up her arm and wants to get enough to stack the other arm. Thanks Rach for the introduction and keeping my kids up on the "Cool Thing!"

No comments: